sábado, 6 de junio de 2009

En algun lugar hay que empezar

Como de costumbre, instead of jumping in and just starting this blog, I´ve been jotting down blog ideas. Pero it´s time to start, I can´t wait for the perfect blog moment anymore...blog reflects life, life does not reflect blog.

I am a person who reflects many contrasts. I am very open and quite happy to talk about a lot of personal subjects, but am also selective and don´t want everyone and their mom to know about it. So if you´re reading this, it´s because me caes bien.

But I´ll share some good news that has happened recently:

Most importantly: VOY A RECIBIR MI DNI ESPAÑOL EN 2 DÍAS!! After months of waiting for responses from the Registro Civil in Sevilla and Madrid and the Spanish Consulate in Buenos Aires, I finally bet my cards on the Spanish Consulate in LA which did me the MAJOR favor of asking Buenos Aires to get it´s act straight and send me my pinche Spanish birth certificate! I presented that along with my new padrón certificate and on Monday will finally, happily, relieved-ly pick up my DNI card. Hombre, ahora SI se puede trabajar y hacer todas las demas cosas cotidianas sin inconveniencias!!

I got a summer job!! Jodeeeeeeeeer qué suerte tío. As of two weeks from now, I will be in Aguadulce, Almería teaching kiddies (ages 8-11) English and playing with them all day long! Woohoooooo!!!

And...due to the fortune of having a solid income for the summer, I will be flying home to Glendale in September for hopefully two weeks. Gotta figure out the dates but that´s just details...it´s a go! I am drooling about all the books I am gonna bring back with me, as well as some food items...real soy sauce, Mexican anything (mmm Mexico, lindo y querido!) and OF COURSE Armenian stuff...how well will frozen lamajun keep? mmmm I´ve missed you so.

And...gonna do the CELTA certification course in August (sultry Seville). Studying full-time for a month straight on how to teach people how to espeak en eengleesh.

Ah, waiting for the results of my French placement test to see if I get a spot in the Escuela Oficial de Idiomas...hopefully gonna be put back on the French train and maybe even get to France at some point!

Pues, my year (teaching has created a new calendar in my life...September-June) will start off with a bang!

Se siente muy bien, te lo puedo asegurar. Gracias España!!!

1 comentario:

  1. Solecita, you can find many different kinds of soy sauce at the Asian supermarket (Hiper Oriente), one of them must be the real thing you're referring to!

    ResponderEliminar